free -DOT(WA) holds meetings and local PD info sessions every second month from 6:30pm until about 8:30pm. We are currently using Edith Cowan University, Mount Lawley to host the meetings in Building 10, Level 3, room 8. We are aiming for meetings in the first week on the month and will generally be on a Monday, Tuesday or Wednesday, but the week and day chosen may vary due to presenter availability. Telehealth videoconferencing facilities are available.
In 2020 meetings will be in February, April. June and August. This will be the end of the one year trial of evening meetings and a decision will be made as to the format beyond these dates in mid 2020.
The professional development aspect of the meeting will start at 6:30 and will be followed directly by the meeting. Please remember to bring along a ‘Good, Bad or Ugly resource’ that you have found to share during the meeting.
In 2020, we will also be trialing video conferencing in through ZOOM. After lots of technical issues with the SCOPIA in 2019, we thought we would see if there was a better solution for us. We will decide on the best video conferencing system when we evaluate the meeting format in mid 2020.
To dial in through Zoom, please follow the following steps.
1. Prior to the meeting, download Zoom onto your phone, tablet or computer. The free Zoom
app is available from the App Store or Google play, or you can find it here: https://zoom.us/download
2. 10 minutes before the meeting, click the link provided (see below or in the newsletter).
3. Check your video audio by clicking ‘Settings’ at the bottom left of the screen.
Ensure that you are on mute, and choose whether or not to share your video.
4. If you wish to ask a question, make a comment etc during the meeting, don’t forget to unmute yourself.
5. To finish the meeting or disconnect, click ‘Leave meeting’ at the bottom right corner of the screen.
Upcoming monthly PD includes:
Continence Health and Management from an Allied Health Perspective
Presenter- Tabitha Poole, OT from PEBBLES
Date- Tuesday, 4th February 2020
Time- 6.30 – 8.30pm (PD starts at 6:30)
Venue- Edith Cowan University (ECU), Mount Lawley Campus
Building 10, Level 3, Room 8 (10:03:08)
Free visitor parking is available. (Best access from Central Avenue)
Zoom meeting link- https://ecu.zoom.us/j/869450381 (see above for instructions)