Become a Member
- Occupational therapist registered to practice in Western Australia (WA) OR
- Occupational therapy student of a WA Tertiary Institution OR
- An unregistered Occupational Therapist who is a resident of WA OR
- A de-registered Occupational Therapist (residing in WA) at the discretion of the committee.
Please note that the membership year runs from 1st of July until 30th June.
DOT(WA) holds professional development and a brief meeting every second month from 6:30pm until about 8:30pm. We are currently using Edith Cowan University, Mount Lawley to host the meetings in Building 10, Level 3, room 8. We are aiming for meetings in the first week on the month and will generally be on a Monday, Tuesday or Wednesday, but the week and day chosen may vary due to presenter availability.
Telehealth videoconferencing facilities are available.
In 2019, the meetings will be held in September and November. In 2020 meetings will be in February, April. June and August. This will be the end of the one year trial of evening meetings and a decision will be made as to the format beyond these dates in mid 2020.
- Membership to the DOT(WA) email list to keep you informed of future professional development events, job vacancies, new resources and other relevant information
- 10% discount for professional development events run by DOT(WA)
- Access to the resources in the DOT(WA) library
- Access to the Members Only section of the DOT(WA) website
- Access to the resources in the DOT(WA) library with free postage one-way
- Bimonthly meetings can be accessed for free through Telehealth videoconferencing. This can be organised by emailing the CAHS Telehealth Coordinator at: [email protected]
- Scopia software installed on a desktop PC can also be used to link in to the meetings: Scopia Desktop User Guide v1.3 (1) Scopia-Desktop-User-Guide-v1.3-1
- 25% discount for rural members and 50% discount for remote members for professional development events run by DOT(WA)
Professional Development Opportunities
- Interstate and Overseas speakers are invited each year to provide training and workshop events.
- Professional development sessions with local presenters are held after each business meeting
Private Practitioners List
DOT(WA) compiles a private practitioners list each year. If you are an occupational therapist working in private practice you can request your details to be included on the list for when the list is next updated. The private practitioners list is widely distributed throughout the community. View Private Practitioners