DOT(WA) is affiliated with the WA Occupational Therapy Association and Occupational Therapy Australia (WA Division). We have a reciprocal arrangement with both organisations to offer members a range of benefits, including discounted DOT(WA) membership and discount to paediatric PD run by both organisations.
By being affiliated with these organisations, it helps to strength the voice of our professional and enables us to-
- Connect and network with the professional body as a whole
- Promote the occupational therapy profession and enhance an interest in the common good of the profession including within the area of paediatrics
- Offer continuing education for occupational therapists within the state
- To lobby and respond from an occupational therapy profession perspective:
– to local, state and federal government and non-government submissions relating to health and disability,
– to industrial concerns e.g. wage claims, Medicare rebates, and
– on professional issues e.g. insurance, professional scope of practice and private health insurance rebates and issues.
For further information about WA OT Association, visit www.waota.com.au
For further information about OT Australia (WA division), visit www.otaus.com.au/professional-development/category/western-australia