DOT (WA) Inc. holds monthly meetings on the first Friday of the month (except in January) at the State Child Development Centre, 16 Rheola Street, West Perth – upstairs in the conference room at the end of the corridor. Telehealth videoconferencing facilities are available.
- 9-10am Business Meeting
- 10-11am Professional Development
Our Professional Development component of the meeting features different topics each month, presented by various professionals. Upcoming presentations in 2017.
- OCTOBER - Corrie Staats, OT
- topic tbc - Learning to handwrite: Cognitive load and student proficiency - "Students learning to handwrite demonstrate considerable variability. One account for this variability is student proficiency in managing the cognitive load of classroom writing tasks. The impact of hierarchically ordered intrinsic cognitive load on legibility of Year 1 & 2 students was analysed using the Rasch model of measurement. The findings suggest some adjustment to current practice."
- NOVEMBER - Leigh Dix, OT
- Working as an OT in the refugee camps on the Thai-Burma border
Those who are interested in presenting a topic of interest at a DOT (WA) Inc. monthly meeting, or suggesting a topic for a monthly meeting, please send an email to email@example.com with the following information:
- Your name
- Contact details (email and/or phone number)
- Profession and place of employment
- Professional development topic
- Relevant background information
For additional information on monthly meetings, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.